Exercise is universally important, but it’s not a one-size-fits-all fit. Each person’s body will respond differently to various types and amounts of movement. By working to create a custom exercise program, you can create a plan which will fit your lifestyle, goals, and body.
Benefits of a custom exercise program include:
- Increase in self motivation. When you design your own exercise program, you will feel more willing to stick to it because YOU choose exercises you actually enjoy! We are here just to do it with you and help you brainstorm your options.
- Addresses your bodies exercise needs and prevents injuries
- Often times when you start a workout plan on your own, it’s hard to know where to start. If you’re anything like me, you look up some work out plan online and try to start it without knowing fully what each exercise demands. Then before you know it, your body starts to break down, your knees start to hurt, or you pull a muscle! When you create your custom exercise plan, you start off addressing your body’s exercise needs, like balance, core strength, and endurance. Then with time you can build off of your strengths and watch how fast you can grow!
- Improves general and psychological well being and greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- As a part of our wellness program, we will help you with accountability and go through the process with you. After a few times working out together, you start to build confidence that you can be consistent! You can lift weight! You can reach 10,000 steps a day!
- Improves social life. Make your exercise your social time, invite friends to work out with you! When you spend time with your friends, there is a release of a healthy hormones called endorphins which:
- In addition, there are a ton of other health benefits like:
- improved condition of the heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight loss, management, and increased metabolism!
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- reduced risk of chronic disease (such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease)
- improved sleep
- improved brain function and health
Working with a physical therapist, you will be able to design an exercise program that meets your needs and goals, instead of trying to fit into someone else’s routine.